Ben Halperin is a seasoned litigator with experience in all aspects of civil litigation, including motion practice, trial, discovery, and settlement. He began his career at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, where he spent nearly ten years representing clients in high-stakes civil litigation involving consumer appliances, cosmetics, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, securities, sports, and other sectors. Mr. Halperin has extensive experience in brief writing and motion practice on a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues. He also has significant trial experience, having won defense verdicts in several cases where plaintiffs sought hundreds of millions of dollars in damages.
A life-long musician with a particular passion for rock, funk, and guitar solos, Mr. Halperin joined CDAS in January 2022 to focus his practice on music and the arts. He now represents musicians, songwriters, artists, publishers, and others in a variety of complex intellectual property and entertainment-related disputes.
Mr. Halperin has dedicated a significant portion of his practice to pro bono work, which has included advising musicians and other artists on a range of issues. He has also authored numerous amicus briefs, including a recent brief in the U.S. Supreme Court arguing, on behalf of the American Bar Association, that residents of Puerto Rico should receive the same government benefits as residents of the U.S. mainland.
When not practicing law, Mr. Halperin can be found performing music, practicing guitar, or attempting to get his children to listen to Steely Dan.
• The Growth Of MDLs: What’s Driving The Trends And At What Consequence For Civil Justice?, George Mason
Univ. Antonin Scalia Law School Law & Econ. Center, Oct. 22, 2021, https://masonlec.org/events/the-growthof-mdls-whats-driving-the-trends-and-at-what-consequence-for-civil-justice/.
• Twisted Blackjack: How MDLs Distort And Extort, U.S. Chamber Inst. Legal Ref., Oct. 5, 2021,
• Mass. ‘Right To Repair’ Law Could Put Car Cos. In A Jam, Law360 Dec. 17, 2020,
• Defendants’ Chances On Daubert May Vary By Circuit, Law360 Oct. 1, 2019,
• Emerging Issues In Class Action Settlements Of Consumer Fraud & Other Product-Related Cases, Lawline July
25, 2019, https://www.lawline.com/course/emerging-issues-in-class-action-settlements-of-consumer-fraudother-product-related-cases.
• The Class Action Chronicle, Skadden quarterly publication 2016-2017, see, e.g.,