Sara Gates is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group and has represented clients in copyright, trademark, and commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts.
She graduated from Fordham University School of Law with a concentration in intellectual property and information law. While in law school, Sara served as Editor-in-Chief of the Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal.
Sara worked as a law clerk for the General Counsel of the U.S. Copyright Office and prior to law school, was a writer and editor at The Huffington Post where she covered a broad range of topics from international news to scientific research.
- Fordham University School of Law, JD
- Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief
- New York University, BA
Author, “Going Viral” by Stealing Content: Can the Law Cure the Problem of Viral Content Farming?, Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal, 2016
Associations and Activities
- Copyright Society of the USA (CSUSA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Media Law Resource Center (MLRC)
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)