Jean Albert is a partner whose transactional practice focuses on general corporate and regulatory compliance, international criminal law, intellectual property, financing, technology, securities, data privacy, data security and international law. He regularly advises companies, governments and NGOs on transactions that involve international legal issues. He has experience in over 90 countries assisting clients in international joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions and the expansion of their activities abroad.
Jean has acted as group chief legal and compliance officer for multinational organizations and has extensive experience in drafting and implementing corporate governance and compliance programs, including corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and anti-money-laundering policies, and corporate risk assessment.
Notably, Jean has advised the World Bank, the European Commission, the European Reconstruction and Development Bank in matters related to competition law; advised the European Commission on justice reform, international criminal law, humanitarian law, banking regulation, IP and international jurisdictional matters; advised the European Parliament on shareholder rights and ownership; arbitrated disputes related to domain name; and negotiated international contracts for multinational companies.
- Paris University, Paris, France, PhD in Economics, M.A. in International Law, M.A. in International Commerce, M.A. in Political Science
- University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa M.A. in IP Law
- Yale Law School, New Haven, CT, M.A. in Law
Associations and Activities
- Panel of Neutrals, World Intellectual Property Organization
- Arbitrator, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration
- Arbitrator, Czech Arbitration Court (2006-2008)