Janis Nelson represents clients across a broad spectrum of the entertainment industry, including major motion picture studios, independent production companies, producers and creators of animated, new media and multi-platform content and special effects, individual and institutional film, television and stage producers, book and screenwriters, film, television, stage and commercial directors and performers, and documentary filmmakers.
Janis speaks at professional conferences addressing issues such as motion picture financing and production, negotiation of entertainment agreements, and legal ethics issues for entertainment lawyers. In 2012 she was a guest lecturer at Chapman University on the legal aspects of film production.
Janis is currently on the board of Dance Camera West, a member of Center Dance Arts, and serves as Board Chair of Jewish Women’s Theater. She has also served on the boards of the Los Angeles Ballet, Women In Film and Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles.
Janis is based at the CDAS office in Beverly Hills.
- Law Offices of Janis C. Nelson
- Paramount Pictures Corporation
- Wender and Associates
- Sinclair Tenenbaum
- Denton Hall Burgin & Warrens
- Sidley Austin LLP
- UCLA School of Law, JD
- Barnard College, BA
Associations and Activities
- Dance Camera West, board member
- Jewish Women’s Theater, board chair
- Center Dance Arts, member
- Los Angeles Ballet, former board member
- Women In Film, former board member
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, former board member