Andrea F. Cannistraci is a transactional attorney with many years of experience in the motion picture and television industries. She has provided counsel to cutting-edge feature and documentary filmmakers, award-winning producers, major studios, leading cable networks, independent production companies, “new media” and web-based businesses as well as various not-for-profit organizations. Andrea has expertise in the development, financing and sales of theatrical motion pictures and television projects. She has also been influential in the structuring of international co-productions, personal service agreements and the acquisition and protection of intellectual property rights.
Andrea has provided legal services in connection with dozens of motion pictures and television and digital media programming including, Mobcaster – an online vehicle to fund and watch independent TV, Mary Harron’s Moth Diaries, Wayfare Entertainment’s Europa,Fair Game starring Naomi Watts and Sean Penn, Stand Up To Cancer, Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden’s It’s Kind of A Funny Story and Sugar, Bravo’s Bethenny Getting Married, Animal Planet’s Underdog to Wonderdog, HBO’s mini-series Generation Kill, the Jeff Bridges starrerA Dog Year, Jose Padilha’s Elite Squad and Bus 174, Sofia Coppola’s Academy Award winner Marie Antoinette and the Bill Murray starrer Lost in Translation, My Life In Idlewild starring Outkast, Academy Award nominated Maria, Full of Grace, Kinsey starring Liam Neeson and Laura Linney, such John Sayles’ films as Amigo, Honeydripper and Silver City, Jim McKay’s Everyday People, Angel and Girls Town and Lars Von Trier’s Manderlay, Dogville and Dancer in the Dark.
- Epstein, Levinsohn, Bodine, Hurwitz & Weinstein LLP
- Bodine & Herzog LLP
- Law Office of Donna Bascom
- St. John’s University School of Law, JD
- Fairfield University, BA
Associations and Activities
- American Bar Association, Entertainment and Sports Industries and Intellectual Property Law sections, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law section, Member
- Independent Feature Project, Member
- Columbia University, School of the Arts, Guest Lecturer to Film MFA Program
- Best Lawyers, “Best Lawyer, Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television,” 2016-2019